Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Nerves and some introspection
I already have them. My training schedule is officially to the point of pushing me outside my comfort zone. Its so funny, when I start my long runs - I'm like - there is no way I can run this entire 6 miles. This weekend, I'm supposed to do 7. I'm sitting here thinking about how 6 must be my max. 7 is going to be the death of me. Then when I'm done, I can't believe I did it. This is exactly why I wanted to do this. So many times, I just quit, if something doesn't come easy. That is a terrible trait to have. If you'll allow me to get deep, something I don't do often, so feel yourself privileged to be privy to my deep thoughts. If you don't ever push yourself past that comfort zone, you have no idea what your potential is. What have I missed out on all these years, for the sake of ease? The feeling after you do something that you didn't think you could do, is indescribable. And after this is all said and done, I plan on finding other ways to break out of the comfort zone. And lets just hope I'm a better person for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment