Friday, October 2, 2009
Because
Dread. That is the word for this weekend's long run. I'm supposed to go 7 miles. I have never gone 7 miles before, thus the dread. I have a new route mapped out, thanks to my awesome husband, who drove a van full of kids to clock it for me. It seems like a really long way. But I guess 7 miles is a long way. The biggest problem I have with it, is that I want to do it early in the morning. There is nothing more that I like than running under the stars, hardly any cars pass me, and the quiet still world that is not yet awake. But then there is this side of me that wants to sleep in. And if I do that - I will NEVER get the long run in. I'll feel bad for leaving my kids, they'll beg me not to go run, its not pleasant. But alas, I am going to do it. I'm going to drag my sleepy self out of bed tomorrow morning at 6:00. By 7:30, I'll be so glad I did it. Score 1 for self discipline. Tomorrow, I just might say its overrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So I've been wondering how you know how far your runs are. Do you always clock it by car or is there some device you can buy? I've taken some of my workouts outdoors in the past week, mostly because we were on a road trip) but I really enjoyed the runs I got in. You are so inspiring!
ReplyDelete