Saturday, August 22, 2009
How the heck did I get here?
So I was a self professed "not a runner". I ran sprint races in track in Jr. High and High School. But if anyone asked me to run even once around the track - forget it. Not going to do it. I would feel like I couldn't get my breath and die. Well here I am many years later. I found myself at a new job, with 3 kids worth of baby weight, and a fitness center in the building. I'm not one to shy away from exercise. I've always enjoyed being active. Just not uncomfortably active. In other words, if its hard, painful, or uncomfortable, I'm probably going to quit doing it. Well, knowing I needed to shed some weight, I began spending my lunch hours in the fitness center on the treadmill. Walking of course. I got bored with that pretty quick, and turned it into a little game. Out of my 30 minutes on the treadmill, I'd see how many minutes I could jog, starting with 1. A few months later - 2 to be exact, I had gotten up to 35 minutes of jogging and shed 25 pounds. I am at a weight I hadn't been in, in 7 years. Thus the obsession with running started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment