This is the week. I have 6 days until the 1/2 marathon. I know by the end of the week my nerves will have the best of me. Its a good thing that this week at work is going to be terrible because it will take my mind off it until Saturday at least. I recently reconnected with one of my roommates from college who just moved to Tulsa. So I am going to have dinner with her and her husband the evening before and she has graciously said we can stay there overnight. I feel prepared. I think I'm ready. I know I'm ready to be done. To not be bound by a training schedule. I'm ready for a run that doesn't entail me racking up the mileage. The weather forecast isn't looking so pleasant. But it is just Monday. This week's runs are just a few short 3 mile runs. It feels funny to say that. If you asked me 6 months ago if I would use the word short and 3 miles in the same sentence, I'd say you were crazy.
Wish me luck!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW ~ how exciting! Best of luck! I hope to get to where you are some day...Right now 3 miles seems so long! ☺ Cant wait to hear the results. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Look forward to hearing how it goes, which I'm sure will be wonderfully!
ReplyDelete