Monday, November 9, 2009

Sigh of relief

I completely stressed myself out about the 10 miler I needed to complete over the weekend. Isn't this supposed to be fun? Well, yesterday, it wasn't. Due to my stressing. I don't know why it had me so bent out of shape, but it did. Well, I think its because I'm a planner. And when I missed that run because I was sick, it just rocked my world. Then, I pulled a hamstring. Which stressed me out even more. Then, my running partner went out of town. Which stressed me out even more. But I'm happy to report that yesterday, I completed my 10 mile run, the longest on my training plan, all, by, myself. I'm not going to lie and say I enjoyed it. Because I didn't. In fact, at one point, I'm like - I bet I've gone like 6 miles and I'm halfway done. Then I saw the mile marker and realized I had only gone 4. That was major disappointment. Then when the 70 year olds lapped me on their rollerblades, that was a little discouraging also. But the good news is, I made it. And now I took the elevator for the first time at work today. I'm a stairs girl, and I only work on the 2nd floor. But I'm pretty sure this is the sorest I've been in all my life. They recommend an ice bath after a long run. I was like, yeah, whatever, not doing that. After the pain I'm in today, I'm pretty sure I can handle an ice bath over not being able to walk due to soreness.

The countdown is on. 14 days. I'm ready. Bring it.

1 comment:

  1. Go Amy, go!!! You are so close to the end. I'm so proud of you. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete