Thursday, November 19, 2009

Last training run

My last training run was this morning. I pretty much popped out of bed. Funny how I was excited. On Tuesday, the morning temp was in the low 30's. I woke up, grabbed my phone, then typed out my text to my neighbor that I was not going. But I couldn't send it. Maybe because it is the last week of training, maybe because she hadn't cancelled so I felt like a wimp if I did it. Anyway, I bundled up and headed out. She confessed she almost cancelled too. After we ran in the freezing cold (which I'd take over a windy day, any day), we were so proud of ourselves. So tomorrow night is planning night - reviewing the course map, making a plan for drink stations and of course, the victory lunch afterwards. See you on the other side of Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Amy! Look at how far you've come!!! You are such an inspiration....have I told you that lately?! ☺ Have a fabulous race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I know I'm after the fact in commenting, but you have been on my mind a lot. I think it is awesome that you took on such a task and I'm anxious to see an update on how you did on the bid day! You are awesome.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete