Friday, October 30, 2009
The Lake
So in my very flat city, there's not a huge choice of great places to get outside and be active. Summers are blazing hot. Spring and Fall are pretty nice, but in all honesty, its not a pretty place. You live here for the cost of living and the people. I'm ok with that. So the "big" place to run is around the lake that is here in the city. Its 10 miles around. I stand in awe of it and those who run around it. A couple of weeks ago, Jen, my running partner, and I needed to go 8 miles. So we decided to tackle the lake. On the way there, I confessed that I was nervous. She thankfully did the same. Then we continued to talk about how we could do it. And we did. We actually went 9. It was very nice and I don't think that I have felt that much sense of accomplishment since birthing babies. So this weekend is the longest run of my plan. 10 miles. Isn't it funny that you never go the entire distance in your training? All the plans are like that. I guess they think if you can go 10, surely you can go 13.1. Our biggest challenge is water. Last time we ran, we decided to rely on the water fountains along the trail. We didn't account for a big part of the run that is the dam, which doesn't have water fountains spaced out nicely along the path. So I think we are going to attempt to carry our water with us. My funny husband was like, do you want me to get you one of those packs that goes on your back? I politely declined. I'm not hiking a fourteener. I'd take the pack then. He also wants me to wear a large reflector thing when I run. Bless his heart. 10 miles - your about to become a notch in my belt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Once you hit ten you'll seriously feel like 13.1 is nothing. Ten is glorious!
ReplyDeleteI, for one, am so impressed! You are rocking the runs! This inspires me but I have so far to go....I would think a camelback would be a great idea for water. They are so lightweight and you don't have to slow down a bit to get a drink. I would love to run around Hefner! Pretty!!!! We have the views but the hills kill me.
ReplyDelete